This must be what a bride feels like before the wedding day. All the planning, talking, excitement…. one big day and in a few hours it’s over. I picture myself looking over the Greenway tomorrow at 5pm as people filter out, tables get folded up and feeling a little pang of sadness — though luckily, unlike most weddings, we will get to do it again next year.
My hope is the day will leave a positive impression in people’s minds. A day they went out with their families, friends and dogs, learned about all of the talent that we have right here in our own city. That there are like-minded people who want to work toward sustainability, organic and whole foods, and fostering community and supporting local businesses.
For those of you coming to Vegfest (and how I hope you are!), here is some last-minute info:
- The Save the Kales! table will be part of the Livelocal table. I will likely not be at the table most of the day, so feel free to come find me and say hello! I’m serious, I want to meet you and see you.
- I will have t-shirts for sale! They are gorgeous, soft, nice-fitting, made in the USA and printed by a local vegan-owned screen printer, Bird Apartment.
- PARKING IS FREE! Meters and city lots are FREE!!! Don’t be alarmed if you find something stuck to your windshield when you get back to the car – it may be a paper saying “On a normal day, this would be a parking ticket but Vegfest is Awesome so you parked for free today!”
- Maps of the fest layout will be available to pick up! There are 19 different zones (holy moly!) to help you navigate through the tables and tents.
- Speakers, Cooking Demos and live Music all day! In between on the eating and shopping, you can watch and listen to some awesome stuff. GO HERE FOR A SCHEDULE.