Avocados and coconut are proof that maybe that little blonde boy knows his stuff and Heaven IS for real.
In this recipe, I blend them with fresh cilantro and just a touch of jalapeno pepper for a sweet and savory vegan ice cream! No ice cream machine is needed – just a blender, a shallow dish, and a freezer.
Let’s do this.
- 1 avocado (just the flesh/green creamy part)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick creamy stuff at the top of the can)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- dash of salt
- 1/2 TBSP packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed (add more or less to taste)
- zest of one lime (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Scoop ice cream base into a shallow dish and spread out evenly. Put in the freezer for at least 1-2 hours.
If ice cream is too hard to scoop when you take it out of the freezer, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to soften. Garnish with lime zest.
– Watch more episodes of Save the Kales! right here –