Take all the tastiness of pineapple upside-down cake, and make a healthier, no-bake, raw vegan version! Note that raw cherries would make this a truly raw dish, but you can find vegan maraschino cherries in stores or online. I think they taste a little more old school that way.
- 1 cup cashews (crumbled in food processor)
- 3/4 cup dried pineapple (blended in food processor)
- 3/4 cup dried dates (blended in food processor)
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- raw coconut flakes (about 1/2 cup)
- cherries, raw or maraschino
Put the first four ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with your hands to create a “dough”. Roll the dough into small balls, then roll in a plate of dried coconut to coat. Use your thumb to press into the balls and create a small space to put 1/2 of a cherry. Ta-da!