The past several weeks have seemed like the weather-equivalent of Eeyore: sad and gray.
If you need a burst of fresh, sunny brightness, try this orange and fennel salad. Juicy citrus and crunchy raw fennel will, at least for the moment, transport you to an afternoon of running through spinklers and strolling through Farmer’s Markets.
Orange and Fennel Salad
- 2 raw fennel bulbs, sliced very thin (use mandolin if you have one)
- 6 navel oranges, all but one peeled and sliced into chunks
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish