Dried lentils, potatoes, onions… some of the most affordable ingredients you can buy, right? You’ll be happy to know the base of this stew relies on these cheapies, a few other veggies you’re so inclined, and some spices. That’s all you need to make a tasty and healthy meal to warm you up!
Watch the video:
- 2 cups cooked rice or grain of choice
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 2 brown potatoes, chopped and cubed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt and a few shakes of black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- OPTIONAL VEGGIES: 1/2 green bell pepper, 1/2 red pepper, 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup of sliced raw almonds
- cilantro for garnish
Thank you once again to Matt and Sarah of Lehigh Valley Mirror for the great video!