Once again my pals at Steelstacks Live! and Greenleaf Productions let me do some cooking with Jon Lunger.
Jon is a goofball but also just gave one of the sweetest, nicest, most flattering write-ups about me over on the webpage. You can see it here. Bring tissues, it’s so nice. People are lovely, aren’t they?
Annnnd for the video:
CHICKPEA AND STRAWBERRY SUMMER SALAD
- chickpeas (2 cans, or about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- olive oil, enough to coat salad lightly
- about 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch scallions/green onions, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. dried mint
- juice of 2 medium lemons
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Seriously, these are the directions: Add the chickpeas and strawberries to a mixing bowl. Coat lightly in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients and mix. DONE! EASY!
You can garnish with some whole strawberries or parsley sprigs to make it look extra beautiful.